[ptp-user] cannot convert C project to synchronized project

On Saturday, May 18, 2013 18:59:48 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:

> Hi,

> assuming that this is the place where to put findings with the latest

> kepler  build (Build id: 20130509-1105), I want to report that I couldn't

> convert a Fortran project to synchronized project.

> More precisely,

> - the wizard comes up OK

> - I can specify the project OK

>   (and the sync nature is added to .project)

> - I can specify the remote connection

> - I can browse the remote file system

>   and specify the remote synchronization point

> - I can modify the filter settings

> - but the rest of the wizard is unresponsive

> - finish return immediately without any apparent action

> - I have to leave the wizard with "cancel" (only way out).

The above description was for kepler-M7. I now retried with kepler plus the recent update to PTP 7.0.1 and Photran 8.1.1 . The convert wizard still does not work as expected.

In the above description, the last three lines have to be replaced by the following lines.

- I am asked for remote and local build configurations, but I am only offered one choice for both - the existing "default" configuration. I haven't seen any button fro creating a new configuration.

- the wizard initiates the first snchronization, which completes OK

- the wizzard appears to exit normally.

- there is still only one build configuration, and I have no clue whether this is a local or remote configuration.

Is this what I should expect ? I was expecting to have two configurations, one for local build, one for remote build, with different tool chains (locally GNU compiler and OpenMPI, remotely Intel compiler and IBM PE).

If this is not a bug but working as designed, I still would complain about it. The wizard leaves you in the middle of nowhere without any clue how to get where you want to be.

Setting up synchronized projects with both, local and remote build and run configurations are essential to me. I will stick with iuno and not move to kepler until this is fixed.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top