Re: [ptp-user] A problem encountered when configuring PTP resource managers under eclipse

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 13:10:55 Di Sheng <disheng222@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In addition, I also tried using "MPICH2-generic-interactive", but

> encountered another error as follows.

> "Server finished with exit code 1"

> Please see attached snapshot figure for details.

> Do I need to install MPICH2 instead of MPICH3?

Didn't you say, you are using Ubuntu 64bit ? Well, me too (Kubuntu Quantal 12.10). If I want to run locally, I am happily using OpenMPI - because I didn't need to compile any MPI, I only had to install the following *.deb packages (best "sudo apt-get install ...").

cp@sirius:~$ dpkg -l '*mpi[-1]*' | grep ii

ii libhdf5-openmpi-7 1.8.8-9 amd64 Hierarchical Data Format 5 (HDF5) - runtime files - OpenMPI version

ii libopenmpi-dev 1.4.5-1ubuntu1 amd64 high performance message passing library -- header files

ii libopenmpi1.3 1.4.5-1ubuntu1 amd64 high performance message passing library -- shared library

ii openmpi-bin 1.4.5-1ubuntu1 amd64 high performance message passing library -- binaries

ii openmpi-checkpoint 1.4.5-1ubuntu1 amd64 high performance message passing library -- checkpoint support

ii openmpi-common 1.4.5-1ubuntu1 all high performance message passing library -- common files

Then I am using OpenMPI generic interactive - which works for me.

I only have to point the life parser of the Eclipse editor to include /usr/include/openmpi to its include paths. Otherwise constants like MPI_COMM_WORLD are flagged as syntax errors.

> In addition, it seems that there is a typo in your instruction or

> configuration wizard, conflicting to the instruction page (

> http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.ptp.help%2Fhtm

> l%2F01buildMPIprog.html ),

> in the "configuring resource managers", step 2b, it says: "If you use key

> based authentication, select the Public key based authentication radio

> button, select the file containing your public key, and enter the

> passphrase for your key (or leave blank if you don't use a passphrase)".

> However, in the configuration panel, the "public key" field is shown as

> "private key". To me, "public" key makes sense, but the field only accepts

> "private" key. Any comments? Thanks!

> Thanks

> Sheng

Yes, the private key needs to be specified. Perhaps the documentation needs some amendment.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top