[ptp-user] modules (aka Environment Management) and PTP synchronized projects with several remote connections

Hi,

I have a small PTP synchronized project with two remote connections, one AIX

and one Linux. I am trying to compile the application on all three hosts.

Build Configurations -> set Active -> TP_local (compile locally)

Build (works fine)

Build Configurations -> set Active -> blizzard_remote

Build (loads modules and builds just fine)

Build Configurations -> set Active -> SuperMUC_remote

Build - tries to load modules for blizzard and fails.

Error message is the following.

+(0):ERROR:0: Unable to locate a modulefile for 'IBM/xlf13.1.0.8'

The message is correct as SuperMUC is a Linux/x86_64 system, and there can be

no XL-compilers for such a system. Apparently, the settings were taken from

the AIX system, where I compiled just before.

When I then do Properties-> C/C++ Build -> Environment Management,

the module settings are reset.

Build Configurations -> set Active -> SuperMUC_remote

Build (loads modules and builds just fine)

Build Configurations -> set Active -> blizzard_remote

Build - tries to load modules for SuperMUC and fails.

It appears that Eclipse only store the Environment Management settings for one

remote host. Could that be changed to one copy of Environment Management

settings for each host ?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top