Re: [ptp-user] wizard didn't accomplish a PTP synchronized project

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 6:19 AM, Christoph Pospiech <Christoph.Pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:00:07  John Eblen wrote:

> Hi

> Yes, you're correct. I didn't consider that the directories need to be

> transferred

> from local to remote. I think the synchronized project FAQ would be the best

> location for this information. Perhaps something like:

> Q: Why do I get messages about missing directories when trying to compile

> a managed project remotely?

> A: Managed projects create their build directories locally, which are then

> sync'ed to the remote machine. If this sync fails for any reason, Eclipse

> will

> complain about a missing directory when attempting to compile. Make sure

> that the build directories are not being filtered. By default, the

> directory name is

> that of the build configuration, such as "Debug_remote" or "Release_remote."

> John

OK, I added an entry to http://wiki.eclipse.org/Parallel_Tools_Platform_FAQ - along the above lines. I added it close to another question with similar topic.

Great - thanks!

Or should I have added it to the following FAQ ?

http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/sync-projects#FAQ

This would be better, I think, because it is sync-project specific.

Or to both ?

No, I don't think it needs to be in both places.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940