[ptp-user] Problems with breakpoints or source lookup for parallel debug

Hi!

I want to debug my MPI application and run into problems with the parallel debug: eclipse seems to stop at main() on startup, but neither highlights main() in source file nor accepts or stops at any breakpoints I set. If I resume execution application crashes just as it does at console (and ignoring breakpoints).

My setup:

Latest Eclipse Juno SR1 with PTP 6.0.3

Downloaded and build sdm for my machine (also 6.0.3 @ linux_x86_64)

It’s a Makefile C/C++ project (build runs without errors, but application does have these (that’s why I want to debug))

I’m running OpenMPI on localhost (resource manager is configured, connection to localhost gets established)

What I’ve tried so far:

Checked all paths: sdm, gdb, the executable (should not matter as it does get executed)

Checked various source lookup paths within eclipse: in C/C++ settings, in specific debug configuration (I’ve also added the specific source folders)

Tried different breakpoint settings: C/C++ and parallel

Tried “show full paths on breakpoint”

Tried sdm debugging: can’t identify any errors, and: there are messages related to breakpoints:

MI: SEND -break-insert -t main

MI: RECV ^done,bkpt={number="1",type="breakpoint",disp="del",enabled="y",addr="0x0000000000448928",at="<main+4>",times="0",original-location="main"}

and

MI: RECV *stopped,reason="breakpoint-hit",disp="del",bkptno="1",frame={addr="0x0000000000448928",func="main",args=[]},thread-id="1",stopped-threads="all",core="1"

(each one 4 times; I’m running 4 MPI threads)

Can anyone help please?

Gregor Matura

Back to the top