Re: [ptp-user] System Monitoring ** System Type == IBM LoadLeveler

On Monday, November 12, 2012 12:00:09

Carsten Karbach <c.karbach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Moreover, I found a couple of jobs, which have nodelist attributes with

> fully qualified names (e.g. in your tmp directory example the job with

> id j000160). So there are a few jobs having fully qualified node names

> as connected compute nodes, while the bigger part of the jobs have the

> short node names. With the adapted layout file, the jobs with fully

> qualified node names will not be mapped correctly anymore. In order to

> debug this issue, I would need outputs from the following commands of

> your target system:

> llq -l

> llstatus -l

> It is possible, that the server scripts have to be adapted for this

> target system, since the command line outputs might differ from other

> Loadleveler versions.

> Best regards,

> Carsten

Carsten,

easiest things first - I just transferred the following two files to

juqueen.fz-juelich.de.

pospiech@juqueen1:~ $ pwd

/homec/ibm/pospiech

pospiech@juqueen1:~ $ ls -l ll*

-rw-r--r-- 1 pospiech apache 2051874 Nov 12 20:54 llq-l.out

-rw-r--r-- 1 pospiech apache 1353615 Nov 12 20:54 llstatus-l.out

Of course this snapshot was taken at a different time than the previous files in tmp_blizzard2_29360720.tar.bz2. So the job data are supposed to be different.

I haven't yet tried the other instructions you provided in the same post. However, if there are some jobs which have nodelist attributes with

fully qualified names, shouldn't these be mappable to their compute nodes and thus show up in the display ?

This is a LoadLeveler version 4 installation. The format of llstatus changed from version 4 to version 5.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top