Re: [ptp-user] PTP synchronized projects - Environment Management * was: Ooops, remote make doesn't execute ?

Hi

I have also noticed missing modules. Environment management filters module names with "special" characters. This is
done to filter extra output lines that are not module names, but it seems to be too strict in some cases. In my case,
C++ modules are missing because the + character is special. I'll file a bug report for this.

The relevant code is in file org.eclipse.ptp.ems.core.ModulesEnvManager in function "collectModuleNamesFrom"
"MODULE_NAME_PATTERN" is the guilty regular _expression_. In the console view of your development environment,
you should see an error message for each line that is filtered.

John

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Christoph Pospiech <Christoph.Pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Monday, November 05, 2012 12:00:11 Dr. Christoph Pospiech  wrote:

> I cleaned up my $HOME/.profile, made it call ". ~/.bashrc", and now...

> * Properties/C/C++ Build/Environment Management (aka modules) works cleanly.

> (it hang before)

Well ... not quite ! There is one flaw left in Properties/C/C++ Build/Environment Management - the list is missing items.

When I look at the list in Eclipse and compare with "module avail" after logging in to the remote system, the "module avail" is longer. For example, I noticed that most IBM/xlc entries are missing in Eclipse, while IBM/xlC entries are present.

Could it be that this is a case sensitive vs. case insensitive issue ?

Special question for John Eblen: Any good breakpoint for starting to debug with the development environment ?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940