Re: [ptp-user] Problem with OpenMP artifacts

Yes this is a bug that someone else just noticed recently in older builds too.  It should be fixed in 6.0.2.
If you give it any-old-path in the preferences, the "recognize by prefix alone" should work.

I also don't think that the path dialog there handles remote paths.
You are welcome to open a bug, but i think the proper handling of "recognize by prefix alone" is a more reliable fix.  (Workaround, really)

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for "Dr. David E Hudak" ---09/27/2012 01:56:39 PM---Hi All, I have a synchronized C project that uses Ope"Dr. David E Hudak" ---09/27/2012 01:56:39 PM---Hi All, I have a synchronized C project that uses OpenMP.  I click on the red circle icon in the too

"Dr. David E Hudak" <dhudak@xxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

09/27/2012 01:56 PM

[ptp-user] Problem with OpenMP artifacts

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I have a synchronized C project that uses OpenMP.  I click on the red circle icon in the toolbar and select "Show OpenMP Artifacts"

"OpenMP Include Paths Not Found"
"Please first specify the OpenMP include paths in the Preferences page."

Then, it says "Unless 'Recognize artifacts by prefix alone' is set in the preferences (this is the default), this could be a problem with the include file(s) for this API."

So, I go to the Eclipse Preferences pane, and under Parallel Tools/Parallel Language Development/OpenMP, I see that "Recognize OpenMP Artifacts by prefix (omp_) alone?" is checked.  But, in C I have artifacts like this:
#pragma omp parallel

So, is that why my artifacts are not being recognized?

Also, on that same screen, if I try to add a new include path, it provides a file browser for the local file system, even though the include path is on the remote file system.  There appears to be no way to include a path on the remote file system.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Regards,
Dave
---