Re: [ptp-user] project explorer display (Eclipse Iuno RC3 Build id: 20120606-2254)

On Monday, June 11, 2012 14:48:40 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently using Eclipse Iuno RC3 (Build id: 20120606-2254) and I see
> some  effect that were not present in  Eclipse Iuno RC1. In the project
> explorer window, I see a lot of ">" preceding a directory name like this.
>
> [icon_for_project] > seissol
>   [dir_icon] > bin
>   [dir_icon] > lib
>   [dir_icon] > Reference
>   [dir_icon] > setup
>   [dir_icon] > src
>
> In RC1, only those directories were flagged with ">" that contained files
> that  had been changed since the last "Egit commit".
>
> Is there a special setting that makes Eclipse return to the old behavior ?

Hi,

I found an answer myself (you may call it a work around).

In the above case I had imported the project from a local git repository. This
repository was cloned from a remote git repository. If
- the local copy of the repository is scratched,
- if the eclipse workspace is re-created from scratch (= empty directory)
- if the local clone of the repository is re-generated via eclipse Egit
   when importing the project,
the above effect disappears.

Of course, any commit that exists locally, but not in
remote/origin/<branch_name>, needs to be pushed to the remote repository or
safely stored away as a patch - prior to the scratching of the local
repository as described above.

Not sure whether this is as intended or whether this is a bug. As I said, it
was different in RC1, as the re-creation of the local .git clone was not
needed.
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top