[ptp-user] New PTP user with Synchronization issues

Hi,

I recently install PTP on eclipse to try using the remote sync support, but ran into a few difficulties and one which is a show stopper.   Hopefully there is some setting which can fix this:
The basic problem is that binary files synced to the remote machine end up without the original unix permissions.

My eclipse host machine is a Windows 7 laptop.  Eclipse is Indigo Service Release 2 with CDE.  I also have egit 1.3.0  installed and PTP 5.0.7.
My remote server is a Linux el5 Linux ...2.6.18-274.7.1.el5PAE #1 SMP Mon Oct 17 12:05:46 EDT 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux,  though I've tried a 32bit, or 64bit kernels and even older editions.
The remote server git version is 1.7.1

My project is an egit clone originally from a linux machine,  I create a project, then "new->Convert C/C++ or Fortran Project to a Synchronized Project" .  That all seems to go well and I "Sync all Now" and see the workspace files placed on my remote machine fine.  However, they all seem to have 644 unix permission bits, regardless of the original values.

If I instead do a git clone operation on the remote server, from the repository on my Windows 7 laptop, the workspace files do have the correct permission bits.

Any ideas what is wrong?   Without the permission bits this syncronization is not useful..  And, I'm apparently unable to use the remote file support rather than sync because it precludes other use of git (according to a comment I see in a tutorial).

If possible, I'd also like to do a one way synchronization as well.   That is, I just want to push changes from the eclipse session to the remote server, I really don't want the changes on the server to be shadowed back.  Is there a sync mode for that?

Thanks!

Kris Davis

Back to the top