Re: [ptp-user] git and git-upload-pack over and over...

> On Tuesday, I claimed that modifications to file filtering in the new
> project wizard will not work for the initial file download due to a bug
> (see below). I'm happy to report that this is not true. (This bug only
> exists in my development version, not in the currently released version.)
>
> This is a highly effective way of speeding up the initial download. Use
the
> file filtering to exclude directories with large binaries, for example,
or any
> large files not needed for development.
>
> I apologize for the misinformation.

Thanks John. I learned that our source tree is not updated during the
build, but instead a peer object tree was created under the project. So I
was able to easily filter the object tree and only transfer the source tree
- sweet.

Back to the top