[ptp-user] Parallel Debug hanging on "Writing routing file..."

Hello all,

I am trying to get my MPI development system set up and I'm stuck on
the final step of getting the debugging of a parallel program to work.
 When I launch my parallel application debug configuration I get a
progress window that reads "Operation in progress... \\ Writing
routing file..." and it hangs there until I click the Cancel button,
at which time I receive an "Error completing debug job launch \\
Reason: Cannot connect to debugger" message. On the off chance that it
was just going really slow I've let it sit for over 10 minutes, but
there was still no progress.

I am using a local resource manager for Open MPI with OpenMPI 1.5.4
installed. I am using the "MPI Hello World C Project" and am able to
successfully launch the program using a Parallel Application run
configuration.

I built the sdm program by running the BUILD script in the
ptp.linux.x86_5.0.2 directory (I'm running Fedora 16 32-bit).  I then
updated my Parallel Application debug configuration (based on the
previous run configuration) to use SDM as the debugger, gdb-mi as the
debugger backend, the sdm program I previously built as the debugger
executable, and 'localhost' as the debugger session address (as
indicated in the help file). I then click Apply and then Debug and get
stuck in the situation mentioned above.

This is a fresh Fedora 16 install and I started with the "Eclipse IDE
for Parallel Application Developers" and then built/installed OpenMPI.
 I'm wondering if I may be missing some dependencies, but I haven't
been able to find anything to suggest other packages that I need to
install. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Matt

Back to the top