[ptp-user] How to control what is synchronized in eclipse synchronized projects

Hi,

the URL
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.ptp.doc.user/html/sync.html
explains you how to control synchronization in general, but I am missing
directions on how to control which files are synchronized.

In particular, in my current setting (most recent PTP as available today, I
guess that is 5.3), I note that *.o files and the executable are synchronized
as well, which might be desirable, but might also cause problems. If you
compile both locally and remotely, the second make invocation already finds *.o
and *.mod files (for Fortran90) which more recent than the sources and fiercely
complains that they don't fit to the current architecture (ELF vs. ELF64 or
even XCOFF). I always have to do a "make clean" first, which then forces to
compile everything - a nuisance for big projects.

I noted that there are .gitignore files set up by >some< eclipse plugin (could
be PTP synchronized projects or Egit). Are they observed for the
synchronization ?
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top