Re: [ptp-user] PTP Eclipse and Intel Composer XE for Linux

Hello,

I would like to use synchronized remote projects because of several advantages.

I have the following architecture http://www-ccrt.cea.fr/fr/moyen_de_calcul/index.htm
and for the current projects I use this cluster http://www-ccrt.cea.fr/fr/moyen_de_calcul/platine.htm

There are 2 problems that don't allow to work with PTP Eclipse and sync projects:

1. Purely administrative problems, administration don't want to install GIT on the server
2. I have to use tunneling, because I have an access via an intermediate server

As for the 1st question, I would like to ask if in the following version of PTP Eclipse synchronization could be done without GIT on the server side ? or may be there is some intermediate solution how to do sync without GIT...

As for the 2d question, I can not create tunel between my PC and cluster,
I'm using the following configuration in my ssh_config file

Host platine
       HostName         platine.ccc.cea.fr
       ForwardX11       yes
       Compression      no
       CompressionLevel 9
       Cipher           blowfish
       User             xxx
       ProxyCommand ssh serverX.fr nc serverPlatine.fr 22

The connection between serverX and serverPlatine uses private/public keys and works correcly from the serverX.
Connection from my PC does not work, it gives the following error
If you could help me to configure the connection, please ? At least I shall work with Eclipse remote projects.

What is strange that when I use TotalView Remote Display Client, the tunnelling works without problems
http://www.roguewave.com/products/totalview-family/totalview/overview/features.aspx

I'm thinking if it would be possible for the next versions of PTP Eclipse to integrate the menu similar to TotalView Remote Display Client to simplify the connextions via proxy servers?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Best regards,
Vitaliy

Back to the top