Re: [ptp-user] Standard C/C++ Project using Remote Tools resource won't 'Make'

What kind of system are you on? Maybe it's trying to use the wrong make... e.g. maybe you are using POSIX make on a GNU makefile?

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for Wyatt Spear ---06/17/2011 09:02:46 PM---Yep, it has an 'all' and works fine on the command line. =WyaWyatt Spear ---06/17/2011 09:02:46 PM---Yep, it has an 'all' and works fine on the command line. =Wyatt

Wyatt Spear <wspear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

06/17/2011 09:02 PM

Re: [ptp-user] Standard C/C++ Project using Remote Tools resource won't 'Make'

Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 5:44 PM, Corey Ashford <cjashfor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    On 06/17/2011 04:52 PM, Wyatt Spear wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I'm createing regular new C, C++ and Fortran projects on my remote
    > machine using the Remote Tools.  I'm encountering the same trouble in
    > all cases: When I try to do 'make' I get "no rule to make target: all"
    > in the console and that's it.  Everything I do in the UI shows up on the
    > remote system (editing/movng files, etc).  The make targets show up in
    > the UI and the make command works fine on the remote system's command
    > line.  The RSE seemed to be working for remote Make builds when I was
    > using it earlier, however it is not installed in the version of Eclipse.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does your remote Makefile have an
    "all" target?

    The default target is "all", but you can change it via the project's
    build properties.

    If the Makefile does have an "all" target, sorry, I don't know what's
    going on there.  I have only limited experience using Remote Tools myself.

    - Corey