Re: [ptp-user] "Display output from all processes in a console view" for PBS job output?

On Apr 22, 2011, at 10:55 AM, Albert L. Rossi wrote:

> Dave,
>
> that option is not supported for batch submissions in 4.0+, as far as I know.  There will be an option on the new resource manager to capture stdout from the job and display to the console.  I'm tweaking this implementation as we speak.  I see it as having only limited usefulness, however, given the asynchronous nature of batch submissions.  One could conceivably implement something which would allow you to reconnect to a submitted batch job when you reboot PTP, but it would require persisting more state concerning job submissions than we currently do.  For instance, with the monitoring system we are putting in place, if you reboot after submitting, you will only see the state of jobs that are in the queue (there is no information about job ids that have already completed that you may have submitted earlier).  Of course, if you arrange for stdout and stderr to go to a predefined place (using the PBS -e and -o) which is in your remote project, all you have to do is look for th
> em in your workspace.

Yes, that makes sense.  I will add -e and -o defaults to the PBS template that I am customizing for OSC use.

Any chance to get an "import" button on the PBS batch script configuration page?  Right now, I am planning to tell my users to create new batch template based on default_template, and the cut and paste the text from our customized template.  An import would be cleaner.

Thanks,
Dave