Re: [ptp-user] Creating a new Resource Manager

ptp-dev is probably a better list for a this question but i think most of the developers watch ptp-user as well

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for "Steven R. Brandt" ---09/20/2010 03:52:18 PM---This is probably the wrong list for this question, so "Steven R. Brandt" ---09/20/2010 03:52:18 PM---This is probably the wrong list for this question, so please help me find the right one.

"Steven R. Brandt" <sbrandt@xxxxxxxxxxx>

PTP User <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

09/20/2010 03:52 PM

[ptp-user] Creating a new Resource Manager

Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

This is probably the wrong list for this question, so please help me
find the right one.

I'm developing a new PTP resource manager object. By way of testing and
figuring out how things work, I create a fake job that does nothing.

I subclass org.eclipse.ptp.rmsystem.AbstractResourceManager and provide
it with a method:

    @Override
    protected IPJob doSubmitJob(String subId,
            ILaunchConfiguration configuration, AttributeManager attrMgr,
            IProgressMonitor monitor) throws CoreException {
        // TODO Auto-generated method stub
        System.out.println("doSubmitJob");
        if(monitor != null) {
            monitor.done();
        }
        IPJob job = newJob(queue, subId, new AttributeManager());
        return job;
    }

This puts the job to the 85% completed stage, but it does not get any
further. How do I make the job show as complete? Thx.

Cheers,
Steve