Re: [ptp-user] Problem setting up RDT

If you don't see those menu items, then I suspect you do not have RDT installed properly, or are missing some plugins that it depends on. Did you install RSE?

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for Malte Forkel ---08/27/2010 11:05:42 AM--- Hello, I would like to use Eclipse on a Windows 7 64-bit maMalte Forkel ---08/27/2010 11:05:42 AM--- Hello, I would like to use Eclipse on a Windows 7 64-bit machine to develop a

Malte Forkel <malte.forkel@xxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/27/2010 11:05 AM

[ptp-user] Problem setting up RDT

Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I would like to use Eclipse on a Windows 7 64-bit machine to develop a non-parallel C++ program on a Linux box. I've tried to follow the installation procedure described in the PTP 4.0 Release Notes (http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes/4.0), but must have done something wrong: There still is no Window > Open Perspective > Remote C/C++ and no File > New > Remote C/C++ Project.

On the Windows machine, I have installed Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers 1.3.0 (32-bit) with Parallel Tools Platform (PTP) End-User Runtime 4.0.2, PTP RDT Remove Tools Support 4.0.2, PTP Remote Development Tools 4.0.2, and Remote System Explorer End-User Runtime 3.2.0. On the Linux machine running Debian Lenny, I have installed the RDT server 4.0.2.

What do I have to do so I can create a first remote C++ project? Do I need the PTP End-User Runtime if I don't want to develop for parallel computer systems?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Malte