Re: [ptp-user] Eclipse & Remote Tools

OK after responding I noticed that you tried several other iterations.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Beth Tibbitts---04/21/2010 11:06:34 AM---No problem with the questions, glad you got your problem fixBeth Tibbitts---04/21/2010 11:06:34 AM---No problem with the questions, glad you got your problem fixed. >Remote Service provider: Local

Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

04/21/2010 11:06 AM

Re: [ptp-user] Eclipse & Remote Tools

Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

No problem with the questions, glad you got your problem fixed.

Remote Service provider: Local
>Remote Location: Local
That looks like you are setting up your project to run locally instead of on the remote machine??

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform
http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Saygin Arkan ---04/21/2010 07:42:48 AM---Ok now the problem solved. I've installed the same versions.Saygin Arkan ---04/21/2010 07:42:48 AM---Ok now the problem solved. I've installed the same versions. Now it works on command line.

Saygin Arkan <saygenius@xxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

04/21/2010 07:42 AM

Re: [ptp-user] Eclipse & Remote Tools

Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Ok now the problem solved.
I've installed the same versions. Now it works on command line.
Greg, I know this is not the mailing list for this purpose but without solving that problem, I couldn't pass to PTP.
If I come up with any other issue, related with OpenMPI, I ensure you that I'll not write here from now on.
Thanks a lot for your recommendations.

Now a problem with PTP

I tried to make my HelloWorldMPI, work on PTP. I have 4 clusters, os221, 222,223 and 224.
I've tried several ways to make it work. First resource manager:
Remote Service provider: Local
Remote Location: Local
Local address: localhost
I've added the nodes to configuration files in openmpi/etc/... & etc/hosts

now when I start resource manager, I see these 4 nodes, no problem. I made the run configuration, added number of processes 4, necessary application file etc.
(it doesn't copy executable from local file system, so I copied them by ssh, manually).
When I execute, it gives the following ONLY in job0:0. It doesn't pass to other 3 nodes, seems only working on os221, isn't it? When I double click to first node on machines view, I select the job0:0 from process info, and I got the result below. But job0:1, job0:2, job0:3 gives empty... nothing... :
<map>
    <host name="
os221.uzay.tubitak.gov.tr" slots="1" max_slots="0">
        <process rank="0"/>
    </host>
    <host name="
os222.uzay.tubitak.gov.tr" slots="1" max_slots="0">
        <process rank="1"/>
    </host>
    <host name="
os223.uzay.tubitak.gov.tr" slots="1" max_slots="0">
        <process rank="2"/>
    </host>
    <host name="
os224.uzay.tubitak.gov.tr" slots="1" max_slots="0">
        <process rank="3"/>
    </host>
</map>
<stdout rank="2">my rank : 2</stdout>
<stdout rank="1">my rank : 1</stdout>
<stdout rank="3">my rank : 3</stdout>
<stdout rank="0">my rank : 0</stdout>

Another approach:
Remote Service provider: RSE
Remote Location: ssh_connection
Local address: localhost
I've added the nodes to configuration files in openmpi/etc/... & etc/hosts

Everything seems fine. I added another run configuration, again the same thing. Only os221 produces output.
<stdout rank="1">my rank : 1</stdout>
<stdout rank="3">my rank : 3</stdout>
<stdout rank="2">my rank : 2</stdout>
<stdout rank="0">my rank : 0</stdout>
logout

and the machines on the screen, I see "!" Error sign on the nodes.

Another approach:
Remote Service provider: RSE
Remote Location: local
Local address: localhost
I've added the nodes to configuration files in openmpi/etc/... & etc/hosts
couldn't start resouce manager.

Another approach:
Remote Service provider: Remote
Remote Location: local
Local address: localhost
I've added the nodes to configuration files in openmpi/etc/... & etc/hosts
couldn't start resouce manager. Gives internal error, null argument. nothing else

Saygin

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Greg Watson <
ptp-user mailing list
ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx