Re: [ptp-user] Eclipse & Remote Tools

Saygin,

I'm assuming that you have Open MPI installed on the cluster. It shouldn't matter if the versions on your computer and cluster are different, except that you will have to compile the program on the cluster in order to run it there.

Because remote support is not fully implemented in PTP 3.0, I'd suggest you set up your project as follows:

1. Once you've installed Eclipse and PTP locally, copy the "plugins" directory to your cluster. Build the SDM by running "sh BUILD" in the appropriate directory on the cluster.
2. Create a CVS repository on the cluster containing your source code.
3. Check out a copy of the source on the cluster. This will be your build copy.
4. Check out a copy of the source into your Eclipse workspace (using the extssh service).
5. When you modify your source locally, check the changes back into CVS and build the program manually by running "cvs update; make all" on the cluster.
6. Create an Open MPI resource manager using a "Remote Tools" connection to your cluster. Make sure it starts correctly.
7. Create a launch configuration. Choose the RM you just created. Set the application program to the executable on the cluster. Set the SDM path to the location of the "sdm" executable in step #1.

You should now be ready to go.

Regards,
Greg