Re: [ptp-user] Cannot discover the OpenMPI configuration

What version of Open MPI do you have?
From a command line type
ompi_info
and the second line will say
Open MPI: 1.x.x <-- version

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for 吕文赋 ---04/12/2010 06:07:20 AM---I try to use PTP as my client to get access to our remote serve吕文赋 ---04/12/2010 06:07:20 AM---I try to use PTP as my client to get access to our remote server. But when I try to set up and start

吕文赋 <wenfu.lv@xxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

04/12/2010 06:07 AM

[ptp-user] Cannot discover the OpenMPI configuration

Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I try to use PTP as my client to get access to our remote server. But when I try to set up and start a resource manager using remote tools, it fail with an message as follow:
"Failed to start resource manager
Reason:
Unable to determine version of Open MPI. Please check discover command is correct."
I checked the discover command which is "ompi_info -a --parseable", and I ran the script in an ssh client and the result(as attached) is fine.
Then I tried the same PTP client with my laptop as server, and it worked.
Then since I have the source code of PTP, I tried to debug this problem, finding that there is no output of the command "ompi_info -a --parseable" when I use our remote server as our PTP server, but I did get output when I change the discover command to "ls -l".
So, I think this should be some configuration problem on our remote server.
How should I configure our remote server to get access to it?

Thanks,
ptp-user mailing list
ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx