Re: [ptp-user] checkout of ptp tools repo

A couple of tricks when building something complex from scratch:
1. Refresh sometimes helps: rightMouse on a project > refresh
2. Close and re-open a project that seems un-cooperative. rightMouse on a project > Close Project then open
3. Close eclipse and restart it with the -clean argument

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Beth Tibbitts---04/05/2010 04:54:47 PM---Hooray! Because I was having almost as much trouble with comBeth Tibbitts---04/05/2010 04:54:47 PM---Hooray! Because I was having almost as much trouble with command-line CVS as you

Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

04/05/2010 04:54 PM

Re: [ptp-user] checkout of ptp tools repo

Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hooray!
Because I was having almost as much trouble with command-line CVS as you are having with Eclipse CVS. :-)

Yeah, but the devil is in the details. These different plugin projects all have to be set up and their dependencies declared correctly.
The projects themselves *should* have all the dependency information within them.
But it will assume you have the pre-reqs, like all of CDT. And RSE as well.
Let us know what the errors are if you need help.
Remember, this page should help:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/environment_setup_30 (But I think you already consulted it before getting stuck with the CVS problem)

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform
http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for "Steven R. Brandt" ---04/05/2010 04:41:21 PM---I have some progress to report. Now that I have the .p"Steven R. Brandt" ---04/05/2010 04:41:21 PM---I have some progress to report. Now that I have the .psf file, I was able to open it in vim and do

"Steven R. Brandt" <sbrandt@xxxxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

04/05/2010 04:41 PM

Re: [ptp-user] checkout of ptp tools repo

Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I have some progress to report. Now that I have the .psf file, I was able to open it in vim and do a global search and replace. This may be a good trick for others to use as well.

s/dev.eclipse.org:/proxy.eclipse.org:80/g

That got everything checked out. Now to begin with the errors in the projects themselves.

Cheers,
Steve