Re: [ptp-user] checkout of ptp tools repo

On 04/05/2010 01:56 PM, Beth Tibbitts wrote:

Steve,
There's also nothing wrong with doing CVS from the command line and still using the project in Eclipse.
(You shouldn't have to, but there is always more than one way to do ANYTHING in Eclipse)

Tell me exactly what you typed on the command line to check out an eclipse project (since I'm rusty at that because
CVS/Eclipse works so well for me ... [Sorry] )

This works:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:2401/cvsroot/tools checkout org.eclipse.ptp

And I'll walk you through the process to create the Eclipse project from what is already on your computer.

Basically: If a project is already on your computer, you create a new project and point it at the same root folder.
But as I said above, tell me what you did to get one of the projects and I'll try it exactly like you did
and confirm how to get the project into Eclipse after that.

Yeah, but the devil is in the details. These different plugin projects all have to be set up and their dependencies declared correctly.

Cheers,
Steve

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for "Steven R. Brandt" ---04/05/2010 02:43:25 PM---No, it's just a standard unix command line. In fact, t"Steven R. Brandt" ---04/05/2010 02:43:25 PM---No, it's just a standard unix command line. In fact, the command "telnet dev.eclipse.org 2401" work

"Steven R. Brandt" <sbrandt@xxxxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

04/05/2010 02:43 PM

Re: [ptp-user] checkout of ptp tools repo

Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

No, it's just a standard unix command line. In fact, the command "telnet dev.eclipse.org 2401" works.

Regardless, I'm on to the next layer of trouble. The step:

rightMouse on anonymous/ptp-3.0-all-anonymous.psf and select "Import project set"

is dying with a connection reset error. I think it's timing out as well. Looking at the psf file I see that it is trying to do CVS checkouts, but it's probably not using the proxy--so I'm back to square one.

Cheers,
Steve