[ptp-user] PTP and PBS

Title: PTP and PBS
Hi,

I’ve been searching for information on how to use PTP on a system with the PBS scheduler and MPICH2 MPI library.  The documentation notes that PBS support is preliminary, and only supports “monitoring” at this point.

Do you have any advice on how to setup PTP, with the MPICH Resource Manager, in this manner:

1.)  Connect to a login node via RSE (in ssh-only mode)
2.)  Request resources via a PBS interactive shell
3.)  Issue an “mpdtrace” to query the MPI resources

So far, I’ve managed to get steps 1 and 3 working, but the resource manager fails because “mpdtrace” is not available on our system’s login node.  A naïve approach like adding a PBS request statement to my login shell doesn’t seem to work either, and network restrictions prevent use of the PBS proxy executable.

Thanks,
Rahman

Back to the top