Re: [ptp-user] newbie on (single) laptop

Randy,
PTP 3.0 isn't "released" yet, we're still working on it. But many folks, like you, are using it to get the latest features and give us feedback.
So the info isn't on the doc page you mentioned. It will be when it's "released"
In fact, the user documentation hasn't been updated for 3.0 yet so there's nothing new to put on that page.

PTP 3.0 requires at least CDT 6.0.1
6.0.1 is now "released" as part of Galileo SR1
You're probably looking at the CDT builds page and builds are done frequently for the next release as well (which will be 6.0.2)
So, 6.0.2 should work, but 6.0.1 has been tested more.

The Eclipse C/C++ IDE (from the Galileo SR1 download site: eclipse.org/downloads) uses the latest released version of CDT, which is 6.0.1
(altho there is a problem with how the versions are shown within that download. If the versions show e.g. 6.x.x.20090911xxxx, it's part of 6.0.1 - make sure it's got 20090911)

Probably more info than you wanted, but there!

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Randy Heiland ---09/30/2009 01:30:23 PM---Beth, OK, thanks for the update. I'm getting back to a stabRandy Heiland ---09/30/2009 01:30:23 PM---Beth, OK, thanks for the update. I'm getting back to a stable 3.5 (after re-installing all my pkgs - C++, svn,Pydev). I'm sti

          Randy Heiland <heiland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          09/30/2009 01:29 PM

          Please respond to
          PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [ptp-user] newbie on (single) laptop

Beth,

OK, thanks for the update. I'm getting back to a stable 3.5 (after re-installing all my pkgs - C++, svn,Pydev). I'm still curious where Eclipse buries its session info, but won't lose sleep over it.

Fwiw, there's also a CDT 6.0.2 available (which I downloaded), so I wonder if you should just say "6.0.x" on the wiki (and perhaps mention "6.1.x" is for Eclipse 3.6). And I'm wondering which version of CDT is used for the Eclipse/C++ IDE and whether or not that matters for PTP 3.0.

Also, it seems like you'd want a link to PTP 3.x on this page: http://eclipse.org/ptp/doc.php

-Randy