[ptp-user] PTP with OpenMPI on Eclipse Galileo (Fedora) breaks my Eclipse Installation

Hi,

I tried to use Eclipse Galileo under Fedora and I tried to install PTP in the current version (and previous builds, 2.1.0 to 2.1.3) but as soon as I install any part of PTP, my eclipse installation pretty much breaks down and I can neither create new C/C++ projects (Exception see [0]) nor debug correctly anymore (see [1]). The version that would possibly work would be 2.0.*, but that version is also riddled with some problems.

I wanted to ask if this has happened to others as well and what I could do, as well as if it's possibly a problem with Eclipse Galileo.

I had an old Eclipse Version (Ganymede) with PTP 2.1.2, but I intended to use the new Eclipse version.

It would be nice if someone could help me there.

cheers,

meta

[0] from the error log:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/wizards/DefaultEntryDescriptor

at org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.ui.wizards.RemoteMakefileWizard.createItems(RemoteMakefileWizard.java:55)

at org.eclipse.cdt.ui.wizards.CDTMainWizardPage.updateData(CDTMainWizardPage.java:289)

at org.eclipse.cdt.ui.wizards.CDTMainWizardPage.createControl(CDTMainWizardPage.java:93)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:170)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:675)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.setWizard(WizardDialog.java:1093)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage(WizardDialog.java:1152)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.access$2(WizardDialog.java:1149)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog$5.run(WizardDialog.java:1138)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.showPage(WizardDialog.java:1136)

huge trace here, won't paste everything

... 57 more

[1] It tries to open the Remote C/C++ Editor, something it also does in debug mode where I can't change it correctly
"Could not open the editor: The editor class could not be instantiated. This usually indicates a missing no-arg constructor or that the editor's class name was mistyped in plugin.xml."

Back to the top