Re: [ptp-user] events

See answers below.

Regards,

Greg

On Dec 17, 2008, at 9:47 AM, jgp wrote:

Hi,

I have a general question about PTP.

You can find from the wiki some informations about past events :

 1. http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/workshops : The inaugural PTP
    developers workshop was held in May 2007 at Oak Ridge National
    Laboratory
 2. http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/meetings : The ptp project holds a
    monthly conference call to discuss status and progress, and to
    plan for future release
3. http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/tutorials : participation at SC07 in Reno

 1. Will there any workshop scheduled for 2009 ?

If there is enough interest then I would be happy to organize a workshop for 2009. We should discuss this at the next conference call. We would need to decide what the goal of the workshop would be, where it would be held, and the timing.

 2. Can anyone join the monthly conference call ? Next one will be in
    January 2009 ?

Yes, the conference calls are open to anyone. I'll include a dial-in number for Switzerland in the next announcement. Please join in.

 3. Do you know anybody in Europe who is using PTP ? Are there any
    events planned for 2009 in Europe  ?

The Distrubuted European Infrastructure for Supercomputing Applications (DEISA) are planning to use PTP. If you're not connected with them, let me know and I'll send you individual contact details.

Best regards.