Re: [ptp-user] ptp_mpich2_proxy: cannot connect to local mpd

mpd is an mpi daemon, used by mpich2 and most other mpi implementations. To properly set it up, you should read your docs, this is NOT an PTP issue. OpenMPI is the only one (i remember atm.) which doesn't need an mpd or at least implicitly starts one. So the user does not have to.
Thats a reason for me to use OpenMPI.

Hope, i could help

Marcus

Xavier Pegenaute schrieb:
Dear,

I am trying to use the resource manager with mpich2. I generated the the
ptp_mpich2_proxy.py file, and the resource to this. But when I start the
resource it tries to find an MPD server. What is it exactly? is it the
"sdm" binary file ?

In case of sdm, I compiled it, but when I am executing this binary
(manually) seems that its looking for the "routing_file", but I don't
know what should content.

I am sorry, I am a bit lost :-)
I have been reading documentation but I did not found so much about mpd.

Thanks & Regards.
Xavi.