[ptp-user] PTP installation

So now to my most current questions: Eclipse does come up with a window and asks for a workspace location under our default Java 1.4.2 . However, the PTP 2.1 release notes require Java 1.5. When I set the default path to our Java 1.5 side install as we had discussed, upon launching Eclipse I get the message:

Could not load module /usr/java5_64/jre/bin/j9vm/libjvm.so.
      The module has an invalid magic number.

so Eclipse does not seem to work with our installation of Java 1.5 . The questions are: 1. Is it sufficient to change the path to access a different version of Java? (same question as previously on the ptp list) 2. How important is it to have Java 1.5 for Eclipse and/or PTP? Would 1.4.2 also work?
Thanks,
Barna

PS. In the meantime, I'm also asking around here to find out about that particular error message above - to see if there's something wrong with our (side) installation of Java 1.5.

Back to the top