[ptp-user] PTP using side-installed version of Java

Hello PTP gurus,
I'm trying to install PTP v2.1 on AIX. According to java -version, I only have version 1.4.2 there. I have two questions:

1. Is the requirement of having Java v1.5 or higher a hard requirement for PTP to work? (or maybe it works, but does not have all features, etc) 2. I do also have Java v1.5.0 "side-installed" meaning it is not in the main path. Do I need to set any environmental variables or other options when installing/running PTP to make sure it uses the right version of Java?

Thanks,
Barna (ICON/IBM/LLNL)

Back to the top