Re: [ptp-user] Re: Trouble installing PTP Support for MPICH2 in Eclipse

Hi Zou,

In fact I haven't managed to get it to work either! After Beth's suggestion yesterday I installed the 2.1 update from http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/builds/2.1 and then, at least, the MPICH2 support installed successfully. However I haven't managed to run or debug my MPICH program yet as the resource manager stops as soon as I start running it. BTW, to get the resource manager to run I noticed that I needed to have mpd running. I had forgotten that initially and the thing wouldn't start at all, so maybe that could be your problem.

I haven't tried to use OpenMPI at all. My program was initally compiled with MPICH1 and I recompiled it with MPICH2 (mpich2-1.0.6p1) to try out PTP. I put the bin directory in my path as you did. I don't know what I'm doing wrong as even the artifact view and barrier analysis don't work, despite the fact that I have added the include path to both the preferences and the project's properties (Project->Properties->C++ General->Paths and Symbols->). I am not using a managed make project, maybe that's it...

Regards,
Steven

 Steven MORROW, DOSIsoft, | Tel: +33(0)1 41 24 26 26
 45-47, avenue Carnot,    | Fax: +33(0)1 41 24 26 28
 94230 CACHAN, FRANCE     | E-mail: morrow@xxxxxxxxxxxx

邹园斌 wrote:
Hi, Steven
Have you done any configuration on your system? I tried the same thing on my computer, with Redhat Enterprise Linux 5, MPICH2 and OpenMPI. With OpenMPI, PTP works excellent right remotly and locally; while with MPICH2, I just could not start the Resource Manager neither remotly nor locally. I am using Eclipse 3.4, PTP2.1, and CDT 5.0.1. <http://5.0.1.> The MPICH2 version is mpich2-1.0.8. The MPICH2 was installed in the default directory, which is /usr/local/bin. In fact I just use
./configure
make
make install
to install it.
After the installation, I configured the environment with
PATH=/home/you/mpich2-install/bin:$PATH ; export PATH
So, could you give me some advise? Thanks.

Regards,
Zou Yuanbin
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China