Re: [ptp-user] Remote launch

>In the help it is written that I need to choose the executable from the
>runtime-ptp20c but there is no such folder..
Yes, that was the name of the folder on my machine that i captured the
screenshots from :)
So, until the remote communication infrastructure is more complete (in CDT
5.0 and future PTP )
You will have to build it on the remote machine yourself.

>Should I copy the whole project to the remote system and build it
manually?.
So, Yes, for now, I believe.

I need to document that better in the help - plan to do so before the final
release of PTP 2.0 later this month.
Thanks for pointing this out. Other suggestions welcome.

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             "Petkov,
             Ventsislav V."
             <v_petkov@xxxxxx>                                          To
             Sent by:                  ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
             ptp-user-bounces@                                          cc
             eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [ptp-user] Remote launch
             03/12/08 08:51 AM

             Please respond to
               PTP User list
             <ptp-user@eclipse
                   .org>

Hi,
It seems I'm missing sth when I try to run a remote MPI job using
MPICH2. I created the project and a remote mpich2 resource manager. I'm
using RSE for the remote connection. How do I build the project on the
remote system(now the source code is just on the local machine and
mpich2 is only installed on the remote pc). Should I copy the whole
project to the remote system and build it manually?
In the help it is written that I need to choose the executable from the
runtime-ptp20c but there is no such folder.. I created the project as it
was written in the manual.

Thanks,

Ventsi