RE: [ptp-user]PTPLauncherFailswithJava.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

I think if I were you, I'd start over: Install a fresh eclipse and put CDT
and PTP on top of that.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             "Kenneth Evans"
             <evans@xxxxxxxxxx
             v>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  "'PTP User list'"
             ptp-user-bounces@         <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             eclipse.org                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/21/2007 05:49          RE:
             PM                        [ptp-user]PTPLauncherFailswithJava.
                                       lang.reflect.InvocationTargetExcept
                                       ion
             Please respond to
               PTP User list
             <ptp-user@eclipse
                   .org>

>> I will uninstall 1.1.0 and install 1.1.1.

That wasn't very easy.  When I disabled PTP in the Update manager, it
disappeared and could not be uninstalled.  I then manually deleted all the
PTP plug-ins and features.  Then I could not open the C / C++ Perspective.
It was linked to a PTP view.  Normally when this happens, a perspective
opens without that view.  In this case it would not open, and there was no
way to get to the C / C++ perspective to reset it.  Trying to do so
resulted
in Eclipse's hanging and having to be kill -9'ed.  So I deleted all the C /
C++ stuff as well, and started over.

It turns out I already had 1.1.1 installed.  Many of the plug-ins are still
1.1.0 including where you do "sh BUILD".

I have now reinstalled everything including running "sh BUILD", using
-clean
regularly, and recreating the launcher.  I still get the same exception,
and
the same Machinemachine0 machine in the drop-down menu in the launch
configuration.  I'm not sure where to go from here.

        -Ken