[ptp-user] Re: [ptp-dev] RE: [cdt-dev] EclipseCon 2008 long talk

Doug,

Thanks for the description. I thought everyone got to vote on the proposals last year, but maybe that system get dropped at some point.

Greg

On Nov 21, 2007, at 10:54 AM, Doug Schaefer wrote:

The selection process is the same as last year. There is a program committee that is lead this year by Doug Gaff and of which I am again a member. Each of the members has a topic area they are in charge of. Of course, I am in
charge of the C/C++ category. We have until Dec 10 to make the final
selections of the tutorials and talks.

Depending on how many submissions we get, I usually ask the community on the cdt-dev list for input to help me pick between them. This year we have a few more long talks than we have slots allocated to us. All the submissions are great and I am hoping that we can convert those that don't get selected as
long talks into short talks or tutorials.

We strive to keep this an open process, but we, as the program committee, have been charged with creating a program that will attract as many people to the conference as we can. We do need to balance that with informing these
people about all the cool things happening in the Eclipse projects.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev- bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Greg Watson
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10:41 AM
To: PTP User list; Parallel Tools Platform general developers; CDT General
developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] EclipseCon 2008 long talk

Hi all,

Like Beth, I also submitted a long talk proposal for next year's
EclipseCon: "Enabling Remote Development with CDT and PTP"
(https://eclipsecon.greenmeetingsystems.com/submissions/view/323
).

I'm not exactly sure how the selection process works this year.
Apparently we're invited to "to review the submissions, ask for more
information, provide comments and critiques",  but it's not clear how
this is done. Do you know, Doug?

Greg