[ptp-user] OpenMPI - compilation

Hello Beth,

I finally managed to get OpenMPI running with Eclipse after i installed that manually.

Thanks for all  the help so far.

Now i have another issue to discuss and that is OpenMP.

In the tutorial it says that -

"Setup for PTP OpenMP Tools

The basic setup for the OpenMP tools is the same as for the MPI tools setup. Essentially, point CDT at the header files and at the command to call your compiler with the OpenMP information .

Note that you must add the OpenMP include information manually to the project. The New Project wizard does not (yet) add this information automatically for OpenMP projects. "

what will be the command for OpenMP in GCC C++ compiler and GCC C compiler?
Should that be as it was for mpicc or something else?

I  have figured out the include and library path  but do not know  what is the library flag for OpenMP
i tried with omp and came up with  the following errors:

**** Build of configuration Debug for project testOpenMP ****

make -k all
Building file: ../testOpenMP.cpp
Invoking: GCC C++ Compiler
g++ -I/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.2.1/include -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF" testOpenMP.d" -MT"testOpenMP.d" -o"testOpenMP.o" "../testOpenMP.cpp"
../testOpenMP.cpp:12: warning: ignoring #pragma omp parallel
Finished building: ../testOpenMP.cpp

Building target: testOpenMP
Invoking: GCC C++ Linker
mpicc -L/usr/local/lib/openmpi -L/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.2.1 -o"testOpenMP"  ./testOpenMP.o   -lomp -lmpi
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lomp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [testOpenMP] Error 1
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
Build complete for project testOpenMP

Sajjad

Back to the top