Re: [ptp-user] Is this a bug?

Yes this is a bug.
Sometimes the compile and link commands don't appear on the "MPI Project
properties" page in the new project wizard.
Can you confirm the fields were blank in the wizard page?
And would you mind opening a bugzilla bug on this? put it in the PLDT
component.   https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi
Thanks! I need to track this down.

If you go into the Preference page and hit OK or Apply, i think it starts
appearing on the wizard page again.
If you have any more info as to when it happens, please add it to the bug.
Thanks Tudor!

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

             Tudor Buican
             <tudor@xxxxxxxx>
             ptp-user-bounces@         ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
             eclipse.org                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/19/2007 11:41          [ptp-user] Is this a bug?
             PM

             Please respond to
               PTP User list
             <ptp-user@eclipse
                   .org>

Quick question: Is the following a bug or am I doing something wrong?

When I create a Managed Make C Project with MPI project settings, the
mpi includes and library are added by default, but no default compiler
or linker appears in the project properties window. According to the
console, gcc is actually used in this case both for compiling and
linking, but with the following error messages:

"/bin/sh: I/opt/openmpi/1.2.3/include: No such file or directory" for
the compilation step; and

"/bin/sh: L/opt/openmpi/1.2.3/lib: No such file or directory" for
linking.

In other words, the "-" is missing from "I" and "L". On the other hand,
If I enter "mpicc" by hand as the compiler and linker in the project
properties window, the "-" shows up where it should and there is no
error.

-Tudor

--
Tudor N. Buican, PhD