Re: [ptp-user] Job still in state "running" while already finished

Great, but don't bother!

I've spent a lot of time to figure this out (well, it takes 40minutes to
recompile OpenMPI on my machine, and today I did it few times).
I rolled back to 1.2.2, but behaved just as 1.2.3
I noticed that there is orted process in the background which takes 100%
processor time. I've spent some time googling about this, and finally I
found a workaround.

I've compiled OpenMPI also with --with-threads=posix and
--with-enable-mpi-threads and this was the source of all my troubles.
But the solution does not satisfy me - I need threads in my applications.

Should I report a bug into bugzilla about this issue?
It looks like thread lock or sth.

I'm afraid problem is in PTP because running jobs without PTP proxy goes
smoothly.
I'm looking forward to see this problem solved.

Greg Watson wrote:
> Hmmm. It's possible that something has been changed in OpenMPI 1.2.3
> that has broken this. The latest I've tried is 1.2.2. I'll update to
> 1.2.3 and see if I can repeat the problem. It would be nice to get the
> fix into the 1.1.1 bugfix version of PTP if possible.
>
> Greg
>
> On Aug 12, 2007, at 3:54 PM, Mateusz Pabis wrote:
>
>> hi *,
>>
>> I'm trying to set up PTP in Eclipse. When I run small hello world
>> application Job1 is still running - even when all processes have already
>> finished.
>>
>> [cut]

Back to the top