Re: [ptp-user] How do I use machine sets?

Machine sets only control what is displayed in the UI and don't affect the
control of the machines,
they are currently used only  to reduce the complexity of the view if you
have large number of nodes.
 But that sounds like a good idea, to use it to determine what machines are
controlled (like process sets, I presume).
We should add it to the TODO list.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

             "Martti Kylmälä"
             <martti.kylmala@l
             ut.fi>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
             ptp-user-bounces@                                          cc
             eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [ptp-user] How do I use machine
             08/08/2007 07:08          sets?
             AM

             Please respond to
               PTP User list
             <ptp-user@eclipse
                   .org>

How do I use machine sets? As I understand it they allow you to
choose to use only some of the machines, but when I create a set,
select it and run the program all the nodes are still used. Do I need
to set some setting to order the program to use only certain set? Or
have I understood the whole thing incorrectly?

Martti Kylmälä