Re: [ptp-user] Run PTP with more than one machine

I added  two nodes into ptp-eclipse and I could see these nodes(pc04 and pc10) in machine view. Then I run my parallel application ,but there are no results  displayed. When I run application, these nodes are not in green(this mean: job runing) . How can I run my application in these nodes?

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You are correct. The text on this picture is misleading. The icons in the "machines view" represent the nodes of a parallel machine. So PTP 1.1 supports one parallel machine that has many nodes. Information about the nodes is provided by the OpenMPI runtime, so you need to modify the OpenMPI configuration to see more than one node. For example, if you have a number of systems you'd like to use as an ad-hoc cluster, you would edit /usr/local/etc/openmpi-default-hostfile and add the hostname of each of your systems. When you restart Eclipse, you should now see these hosts appear as "nodes" in your parallel machine.

Greg