Re: [ptp-user] installation Help

David,

This is a known problem when you try to launch a parallel application when the C/C++ perspective is active. The work around is to either:

1. Switch to the PTP Runtime or PTP Debug perspective before launching; or

2. Go into preferences and select 'Run/Debug', then 'Perspectives'. Choose 'Parallel Application' from 'Application types', the select 'Always' to open the associated perspective when launching. The problem only occurs when the setting is 'Prompt'.

You should not need to change the location of the SDM executable. Assuming you built PTP correctly, it is located in the following directory your Eclipse installation plugins folder:

	org.eclipse.ptp.<os>.<arch>/bin

where <os> is your operating system (linux/macosx) and <arch> is your architecture (x86, etc.)

Greg