[ptp-dev] CoreException/NullPointerException after selecting connection in Profile Configuration Dialog

I'm encountering a problem with my plugin. I open a profile configuration dialog select a target system configuration and then a connection name. At that point I get a popup with the title 'Launch Error' and only an icon in the message area. There is no message. I tracked down that this comes from one of two instances of PTPLaunchPlugin.errorDialog. That is being called due to a CoreException, which is in turn caused by catching an Exception (NullPointerException)
The top of the traceback for the null pointer exception is included with this email
I tried looking at variables in the stack. The target system configuration string that is passed to LaunchController.realizeRMDataFromXML is a simple target system configuration with a single tab with a GridLayout and only contains a label widget. I wrote this three years ago and it has not changed since.
The javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance method at line 375 is being passed org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.core.data which seems reasonable

I am stuck at Eclipse version 2019-03 for this for support reasons. I'm running Java 1.8.0_181

The odd thing is that I have an Eclipse plugin version of the code and a RCP version, where the profile configuration dialog code should be the same for both. The RCP version works fine.

I have made changes to target system configurations, but not this one, in recent months, and also to a separate JAXB ETFW XML file, but I don't know what I could have done to cause these failures.

I know there's not much to go on here, but I'm wondering if this might be something familiar, or what else I might look at to figure out what's going on.

Thanks
Dave

Back to the top