I downloaded the x86 Linux Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers version, installed it in a read only directory and tested the run configuration dialog with both Java 8 and Java 12, with no problems. I realized I didn't need the update site since I could install my plugin into the version of Eclipse I downloaded.

It looks like this problem is fixed now. Thanks.

Dave

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson ---06/07/2019 10:14:37 AM---Dave, Can you use the update site [1]? I’ve simplified the bGreg Watson ---06/07/2019 10:14:37 AM---Dave, Can you use the update site [1]? I’ve simplified the build process so we’re not generating the

From: Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/07/2019 10:14 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [ptp-dev] PTP java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: for com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.ContextFactory
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dave,

Can you use the update site [1]? I’ve simplified the build process so we’re not generating the zip file any more.

I tried installing Eclipse in /opt and also running it from the disk image and it seems to work. I’m not sure what happened when I tried this previously but it seems to be working now. I’ve updated the bug but if you run into any problems let me know.

Regards,
Greg

[1] https://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/photon/milestones/