[ptp-dev] gfortran Error Parser (gfortran 5.x)

I am using PTP as downloaded from the stand-alone Eclipse Neon.2 PTP ('eclipse-parallel-neon-2-linux-gtk-x86_64').

I am using gfortran 5.1 and Make to compile (and this all works well), but I cannot get the "Photran Error Parser for GNU Fortran (gfortran)" to recognize my errors correctly.  This same issue seems to have been found by Holger previously on this mailing list but I could find no solution.

I believe Holger correctly outlines the problem: gfortran's line and character delimiter within the error message switched from "." to ":" somewhere between gfortran 4 and 5.  Not only does this fail to find the correct line, but it also seems to make the file search fail.  As a result, the errors are not clickable and do not show up in the editor.

Is there a way I can edit the parser to recognize this change?  I do not see an "edit" option like I do on other parsers.

I also did not find a bug related to this issue, although I did follow a recommendation to ensure that the gfortran parser is being used, NOT the gcc error parser.

Thanks,
Luke Robison

I'll copy Holger's email below (from 2015):

4.8:
$ gfortran -o delme delme.f90
delme.f90:4.2:

i = i + 1
1
Error: Named constant 'i' in variable definition context (assignment) at (1)

5.1:
$ gfortran -o delme delme.f90
delme.f90:4:2:

i = i + 1
1
Error: Named constant 'i' in variable definition context (assignment) at (1)

Notice the delimiter between the line number (4) and the position (2). It's a point in v4.8, and a colon in v5.1

How do I change the error parser to reflect this change? Thanks
Holger