Re: [ptp-dev] New SFTP requirement for remote?

Ok, I’ll take another look at how it worked and see if I can replicate it.

Greg

On Aug 22, 2016, at 3:14 PM, Rocky Dunlap - NOAA Affiliate <rocky.dunlap@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greg,

I was able to test the change.  Interestingly, I am able to connect to a login node (this is NASA Discover), although I still get an exception:

Thread [pool-3-thread-1] (Suspended (exception JSchException))
ChannelExec(Channel).sendChannelOpen() line: 728
ChannelExec(Channel).connect(int) line: 151
ChannelExec(Channel).connect() line: 145
ExecCommand$1.call() line: 38
ExecCommand$1.call() line: 1
FutureTask<V>.run() line: 266 [local variables unavailable]
ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker) line: 1142
ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run() line: 617
Thread.run() line: 745

This is happening when trying to run the command "printenv" on the connection.  I remember going through this with Roland.  The issue here is that these login nodes have a restricted shell so you cannot run arbitrary commands.  The way I have it set up is that the login connection is used only as a proxy.  Roland had it so that it would not fail even if unable to execute this initial set of commands.

Since the connection was actually established (despite the exception above) I tried to use it as a proxy for another connection.  However, this fails with the following:

Thread [Worker-21] (Suspended (exception JSchException))
owns: JSchConnectionProxyFactory$CommandProxy  (id=288)
ChannelExec(Channel).sendChannelOpen() line: 728
ChannelExec(Channel).connect(int) line: 151
ChannelExec(Channel).connect() line: 145
JSchProcessBuilder.start(int) line: 184
JSchProcessBuilder(AbstractRemoteProcessBuilder).start() line: 157
JSchConnectionProxyFactory$CommandProxy.connect(SocketFactory, String, int, int) line: 108
Session.connect(int) line: 231
JSchConnection.newSession(IProgressMonitor) line: 781
JSchConnection.open(IProgressMonitor, boolean) line: 831
JSchConnection.open(IProgressMonitor) line: 804
OpenConnectionHandler$1.run(IProgressMonitor) line: 51
Worker.run() line: 55

Rocky