[ptp-dev] OpenACC C refactorings for PLDT

All (especially Greg and Beth),

My group has been working on some C analyses and refactorings for OpenACC.  We’d like to move our code into PLDT.

Currently, we’re working off of a separate GitHub repo.  We have three projects:
  • CLI - command line interface, so you can run the refactorings outside Eclipse (not planning to contribute unless you really want it)
  • Core - various data flow analyses, dependence analysis and Fourier-Motzkin solver, refactorings, and parser for OpenACC directives
  • UI - obvious

My question is, where should we put this code in PTP/PLDT?

  • Option 1: Contribute 2 or 3 new projects (maybe org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.openacc.refactoring.{core,ui})
  • Option 2: Split the existing org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.openacc into separate core and UI projects, and then contribute to those
  • Option 3: Dump everything into the existing org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.openacc (completely losing the core/UI separation)

What is your preference?

Our static analyses might be useful to CDT (constant propagation, reaching definitions, etc.), but

Jeff

--
Jeffrey L. Overbey, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor