Re: [ptp-dev] Mars RC1 packages - Parallel package

Thanks Dave. Yeah, the Connections view is pretty new and I ran out of time before I could get all the features in place. The properties dialog is going to be pretty cool but we need to make more pages for it. And we need to get RemoteConnection to implement IAdaptable so we can register pages against service types. Something to look forward to in the next release :).

Doug.

From: David Wootton <drwootton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 7:44 PM
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Mars RC1 packages - Parallel package

I ran some quick tests creating a synchronized project, trying to run it with OpenMPI and MPICH and a PLDT test all on 64 bit Linux Fedora 21.

It looks like the bugs I reported in March are fixed.

I did see two new problems
1) If I try to run my shallow MPI program using OpenMPI specifying 5 tasks in the Resources tab of the run configuration, I get 5 instances of an error message from shallow telling me MP_Comm_size only reports 1 task. This works ok with Mpich.
2) If I open the Connections view, I get a list of connections. If I right click over a connection name and select properties in the menu, I get a properties dialog, but everything in the dialog except the connection name is blank.

Dave