[ptp-dev] Changes to PTP terminal

This email is mainly for Steve, but I wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

I’ve made some changes to the PTP terminal support in master. In summary, these are:

1. TM terminal support for remote services (org.eclipse.remote) has been moved to the TM project, hereafter referred to as TM Remote Terminal.

2. In order to support the same functionality provided by TM terminal, I added an extension point to the TM Remote Terminal called “parsers”. A parser must implement the org.eclipse.m.terminal.remote.IRemoteTerminalParser interface. Basically, this call a parse() method with the contents of every buffer from the remote system. See the extension point and Javadoc for more information.

3. The command handler (which allows a user to right-click on a synchronized project and open a terminal) remains relatively unchanged.

Please take a look a these changes and let me know if everything is working as expected. It’s possible that I may have overlooked something in the conversion.

We can also discuss this more tomorrow if anyone has questions or concerns.

Greg

Back to the top