[ptp-dev] Build Variables

So I've begin studying the build slide in earnest, and I've discovered that I don't know what "Build Variables" do ("Project Properties > C/C++ Build > Build Variables"). I've made several experiments to try and observe their effects using different types of projects and I can't seem to make them do anything (e.g. custom makefiles can't print their values, managed builds also can't see them).

Googling indicates that they're supposed to affect environment variables (they don't). However, if you select the checkbox that says "Show system variables" the table is populated with environment variables, which is puzzling.

However, I can easily change the environment variables with "Project Properties > C/C++ Build> Environment".

Cheers,
Steve

Back to the top