Re: [ptp-dev] Queue support and tunnelling

Jay,

These are two separate topics.

1. Tunneling is supported using the IRemoteConnection#forwardLocalPort() and IRemoteConnection#forwardRemotePort() interfaces. I admit that this area is a little weak; there really should be a better abstraction of tunnels. I plan to improve this at some point.

2. Submitting jobs to resources managers is part of the PTP target configuration framework. The main interface is obtained via the LaunchControllerManager#getLaunchController() method. This takes a remote services ID, remote connection name, and a target configuration name (more about that later), and provides an ILaunchController interface that has methods such as submit(), control(), and getJobStatus(). There should probably be a method that takes an IRemoteConnection to make things a bit easier, so if you would like one I can add it.

Target configurations are supplied as xml files in the org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.configs and org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.contrib plugins. You can also supply your own configuration using the org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.core.JAXBResourceManagerConfigurations extension point. The “name” attribute of this extension point is the string you pass to the getLaunchController() method.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Regards,
Greg