[ptp-dev] Uploading Scripts through PTP

I'm working on the GUI enhancements for the terminal in PTP. One of the things I want to provide is a graphical interface to the shell history. For bash, I can easily get modifications to the history file by using "tail -f" or "tailf". For tcsh/csh, however, I've come to realize the problem is not so simple and no standard linux command does the job. I've written a perl script which solves the problem, so the obvious solution would be to upload it to the user's account and execute it.

My question: What's the standard way to go about doing this? (i.e. classes to use for uploading, what to name the file, etc.)

Cheers,
Steve

Back to the top